A wealth of information regarding our sanitary measures and health protocols can be found further down this page, below this latest update from our Secretary General.
Last night, Premier François Legault held a press conference during which he outlined a set of COVID-19 measures specific to the holiday season. Following the press conference, Education Minister Jean François Roberge issued a press release which detailed the fore-mentioned measures. Please take note of the following:
For Students in Preschool and Elementary Schools:
- Preschool and elementary students will not attend classes at school between December 17th and January 3rd inclusive
- Scheduled PD Days will be maintained
- For classes scheduled during the period from December 17th to December 23rd (as per individual school calendars), students will be expected to work from home; teachers will maintain daily communication with their individual students during this period
- Emergency daycare will be available for parents who are deemed essential workers; the Ministry of Education will publish a list of those who qualify next week
- All preschool and elementary students will return to school in January as per their individual school calendars
For Students in Secondary Schools:
- Students will not attend classes in school between December 17th and January 10th inclusive
- Scheduled PD Days will be maintained
- Educational services will be offered to students in grades 7-11 through distance learning, according to the students’ regular timetable
For Students in Vocational and Adult Education Centres:
- During the period of December 17 and January 10 inclusively, students will not attend on site.
- For days within this period where students were scheduled to be on site as per centre calendar, distance learning will be offered when possible. No students can be present for labs or workshops.
- Local evaluation can be done at a distance.
- Practicums may continue as scheduled.
- For students who cannot continue their studies at a distance, centres will prepare review work or enrichment activities for students. Telephone communication with students can also be undertaken.
For Students who are Registered in the Western Quebec Online Academy:
- Classes will continue to run as originally scheduled, according to the WQ Online Academy Calendar.
The Ministry of Education will be publishing a Questions and Answers document, which the WQSB will make available for parents upon receipt.
As always, you are asked to direct any questions to WQQuestions@wqsb.qc.ca.
Secretary General and Director of Corporate Services and Communication
|During these unprecedented and challenging times, the Western Québec administration has provided a wealth of information, policies and tools for its staff, students and their families. You will find all general information on this page.|
|Our 4 most read updates:|
Please find below the Minister’s COVID-19 Back to School Plan and a Question and Answers document from Public Health.
Anyone requiring information regarding their own health are asked to call 1-877- 644-4545 or visit québec.ca/coronavirus.
All COVID-19 Memoranda
Below are all our boardwide letters to parents, from latest to earliest, related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the policies it led to. The information in these letters may no longer apply.
- 20 November 2020 Letter to Parents – COVID measures specific to the holiday season
- 17 November 2020 Letter to Parents – Allocation of 3 days for planning
- 27 October 2020 Letter to Parents – Further Red Zone Measures in Secondary Schools
- 14 October 2020 Letter to Parents/Guardians – Red Zone Designation
- 5 October 2020 Letter to the Community
- 28 September 2020 Letter to the Community
- Update 25 August 2020 – Letter to Parents regarding Homeschooling vs Distance Learning for Students with Medical Exemptions
- Update 18 August 2020 – Letter to Parents regarding Bus Transportation upon Return to School
- Update 17 August 2020 – Letter to Parents regarding Student Medical Exemptions
- Update 11 August 2020 – Letter to Parents regarding the Fall 2020 Return to School
- COVID-19 Update 19 May 2020 – Letter to Parents/Guardians
- COVID-19 Update 8 May 2020 – Re-Opening of Elementary Schools – Information Package for Parents
- COVID-19 Update 30 April 2020 – Return to Schools
- COVID-19 Update 28 April 2020 – Return to Schools & Centres
- Memorandum 24 April 2020 – Return to Schools/Centres Date
- Memorandum 21 April 2020 – Update to Students and Parents
- Memorandum 20 April 2020 – Update to Students and Parents
- Memorandum 9 April 2020 – Update to Students and Parents
- Memorandum 30 March 2020 – Update for Students and Parents
- Memorandum 24 March 2020 – Learning Activities and Resources
- Memorandum 23 March 2020 – K4 Registration Postponement
- Memorandum 22 March 2020 – Extended School Closures
- Memorandum 18 March 2020 – Board Office Access
- Memorandum 16 March 2020 – Ministry Directives
- Memorandum 9 March 2020 – COVID-19
All questions should be addressed to WQquestions@wqsb.qc.ca