In light of the recent announcement made by Mr. Jean-François Roberge, Ministre de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur, students will be expected to return to school full-time at the end of August 2020. Earlier this week, the Minister issued directives regarding transportation of students in the fall; these are listed below:
- Students are not required to physical distance on school buses
- No more than two students may sit beside each other on a bus seat
- A priority will be given to children from the same family
- Siblings will have to sit together
- Students will have an assigned seat morning and afternoon
- School buses may not transport more than 48 students per route
- The wearing of face masks while on the school bus is recommended for kindergarten and elementary students
- The wearing of face masks while on the school bus is obligatory for secondary students
- Hand sanitizer will be available for students as they board their buses
- School buses will be cleaned and disinfected following the completion of all runs
- School bus drivers will continue to use PPE (masks, visors, etc.)
Even with these recommendation and guidelines, we are encouraging parents to provide transportation of their children to and from school. Below is a link to a survey which we ask parents to complete and submit no later than Sunday, July 6th. This information is critical in the planning for the upcoming school year.
Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.
Secretary General – Director of Corporate Services and Communications