Your child is the most important person in your life, and we get that. Being a parent and becoming responsible for this whole other human life, well, it can be a little overwhelming at times.
Everything we do revolves around the wellbeing and education of our students. Western Québec is proud to provide quality English language education. We believe that our programs will make our students capable of succeeding in all corners of this country. We provide a supportive, open and safe learning environment, which helps them reach their full potential.
- Drug Awareness and Prevention
- Technology Support (Office 365, Chromebooks, etc.)
- Information on Sexuality Education
- Other matters
Our school board has two DART (Drug Awareness Resource Team) technicians who support schools year round. Your child might have referred to them as the drug ladies. They provide drug awareness, prevention and intervention in our elementary and secondary schools. They may support referrals and liaise with outside services to help link students and parents with the appropriate programs available.
Information/Awareness and Tips
- Canada’s opioid crisis
- Connexions Resource Centre – Cannabis and our Youth
- Do you Speak Cannabis?
- Parent Action on Drugs
- Cannabis Talk Kit
- Drug Free Kids Canada
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Five ways to show your teen you love them without spending money
- Surprising facts on Marijuana
- Drugs over Dinner
- Centres de réadaptation en dépendance de l’Outaouais (French only)
- Walgman Centre
- Portage Québec – Drug Addiction and Employment Reintegration Programs
- Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin: What you should know about vaping and e-cigarettes | TED Talk
- Government of Canada – About Vaping
- The Link Ottawa – Vaping
In February 2019, our partner Connexions Resource Centre has organized the Cannabis Talk session for parents. Articles and videos are on their website.
We understand that all the latest technological advancements can feel a bit overwhelming to parents. Deep down, we all know our children already are, or will become infinitely better with new technologies than we ever will. In addition to supporting the use of these technologies in the classroom, we have prepared a set of resources (below) to help you better support (or catch up with) your child.
- Microsoft Office 365 – Online tutorials and support for parents & guardians >
- Teams, Sway, PowerPoint Live and FlipGrid – Tutorials for parents & guardians >
- Help your students [or children] get started with Microsoft Teams for Education >
- Chromebook Students – A collection of resources to help you make the most of your Chromebook >
During school year 2018-2019, the Government of Québec has prepared a set of new sexuality education directives which have been implemented in our schools. We have sent letters out to parents in this regard:
There is a ton more information on the matter on this section of the Ministère de l’Éducation website.
Whether it’s about your child’s allergies, bus transportation, special needs or almost anything in between, we can help you find answers on our website using the dropdown menus below.
If you cannot find information that you believe should be made available on this page, please make your recommendation by email to François Raymond (email@example.com).