Effective 1 July 2018, all homeschooling registrations are to be directed to the Ministère de l’éducation et de l’enseignement supérieur (MEES). All conditions and procedures for homeschooling will be determined by the MEES.
From the MEES website:
Parents who choose to homeschool their child must send written notice to this effect to the Minister no later than July 1 of each year (no later than September 1, 2018 for the 2018-2019 school year).
If the child stops attending an educational institution during the course of the school year, written notice must be sent within 10 days of the date on which school attendance ceases. The MEES online form (link below) may be used by parents to send written notice.
- MEES Homeschooling and Contact Information
- MEES Online Homeschooling Form
- Apply for a permanent code (required for registration with MEES for Homeschooling)
Parents wishing to request the use of school board services, please contact Stewart Aitken, Director of Education (email@example.com).
- Criminal Record Checks:
- Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or;
- through your local police department.