The Western Québec School Board is proud to provide English language instruction as well as French Immersion programs.
Good to know
- To register for Pre-Kindergarten (K4) for school year 2021-2022, a child must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2021. See which of our schools offer a K4 program >
- To register for Kindergarten (K5) for the same school year, a child must be 5 years of age by September 30, 2021.
- To register for Grade 1 for school year 2021-2022, a child must be 6 years of age by September 30, 2021.
- Verify that the child is eligible to English education in Québec;
- Use our School Locator to determine the child’s boundary school. To apply for a transfer to another WQ school, see Cross-Boundary Requests;
- Obtain a copy of all necessary documents:
- Child’s original long-form birth certificate bearing parents’ names;
- Canadian Citizenship of the parent who will render the child eligible;
- Québec driver’s license of the parent/guardian responsible for the child or Lease/House Deed and a utility bill;
- In the meantime, parents can contact WQ Admissions or their boundary school for any and all other questions.
To register, contact your child’s boundary school by telephone or e-mail using the directory below. Registrations for the 2021-2022 school year will be February 8th-12th, 2021. After that, registrations will be ongoing by appointment only.
For information on registration of an international student to an Elementary or Secondary school, contact the School Organization Department directly.
Parents are asked to register their child in their boundary school. Cross-Boundary Requests allow parents to request to send their child to another school located outside of the boundaries of a given school (in other words, the territory served by a school). This transfer request is made to the Department of School Organization, which will review it individually before submitting a recommendation to the General Directorate.
- Review the Cross-Boundary Policy
- Fill out one of the cross-boundary application forms (below) and return to the School Organization Department by fax at 819 684-9061 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parent or guardian will be required to complete a Temporary Authorization Request form if the family moves onto the territory of a different school during the school year, in order to allow the child to remain in the same school for the remainder of the school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my child eligible to attend? See Eligibility to English Education.
- What if my child has special needs? See Early Admission or Special Needs Programs.
- What if my child has allergies? Read policies C-26 & C-31.
- Which vaccines should my child have had before starting school? Read Vaccination letter.
- Can my child take the bus? Read Policy G-1.
- What about daycare? Is it available both before & after school? What are the costs? See Daycare.
- How can I prepare my child for kindergarten? See Kindergarten.
- Any chance I could volunteer at the school? Parents are encouraged and welcome to volunteer in our schools, so long as they do not have a criminal record. See Security Background Check.
Want to discuss your situation with us? For further information on admissions and eligibility, contact Western Québec’s Admission Team.
- Sabrina Crawford, Admissions
- 819 684-1313 #540008
- 1 800 363-9111 #540008
Do you prefer to speak with the person in charge of registrations at a specific school? Use this directory >