The Western Québec School Board prides itself in providing excellent educational services. To do so, a group of people work diligently in different departments to ensure that the Board runs smoothly.
The Board has eight main departments that oversee all aspects of the board’s mandate, including facets such as curriculum, buildings, school maintenance, staffing and transportation. Each employee makes a vital contribution to the high quality bilingual education offered in our schools.
Jump to a specific department:
- General Directorate
- Buildings, Equipment & Transportation
- Complementary Services
- Human Resources
- School Organization & Corporate Services
The Western Québec School Board’s General Directorate consists of the Director General, the Assistant Director General and the Secretary General. This group oversees all of the Board activities, ranging from budgeting, educational services, to managing the board’s relations with elected commissioners and Québec’s Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur.
- Mike Dubeau, Director General, Director of School Org & Transport (email@example.com)
- Ruth Ahern, Assistant Director General, Director of Adult Education & Vocational Training (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- George Singfield, Secretary General & Director of Corporate Services (email@example.com)
- Terry Kharyati, Director of Secondary Education, Director of Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pascal Proulx, Director of Buildings, Technology and Transportation (email@example.com)
- Lisa Falasconi, Director of Complimentary Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Stewart Aitken, Director of Elementary Education (email@example.com)
- Martine Lupien, Director of Finance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alain Gendron, Procurement Compliance
- Rachel Vincent, Administrative Officer (email@example.com / 819 684-2336 ext. 500006)
Our Building Services Department supports the mission of the School Board in providing the best possible learning environment. This is accomplished by the effective and efficient management of available resources to provide healthy, safe, well maintained and operated facilities, and through the delivery of responsive maintenance, custodial, and construction services in harmony with the individual learning communities.
We are dedicated to providing:
- a high standard of cleanliness and operating efficiency;
- an effective preventive maintenance program;
- a high standard of repairs and maintenance;
- an effective engineering creative design and construction service;
- legislative compliance and high standards of energy, environmental, safety and security services;
- an efficient financial and administrative service to meet the requirements of the department;
- effective communications, good working relationships with our communities and continual and meaningful staff development.
Western Québec is the only English school board serving the Outaouais and Abitibi-Témiscamingue regions. Every day, over 6400 students are transported to 25 different schools and education centres across our vast territory of more than 90,000 square kilometers. That’s about twice the size of Nova Scotia! Over 2.5 million kilometres of roads are traversed by our ± 150 vehicles annually!
The Transportation Department has an outstanding safety record. Through the dedication and the concerted efforts of bus contractors, drivers, school communities and Transportation Department staff, a safe transportation environment is assured for all our students.
In order to preserve its outstanding safety record and maintain seamless transportation every day, WQSB follows a rigorous policy and relies on specific guidelines to ensure that decisions are made efficiently and professionally.
School closures and bus cancellations – In the event of school closures and bus cancellations as a result of inclement weather, information will be available to you in different manners. Including through push notifications on our mobile app, on this website, on our Facebook page, on our Twitter feed, as well as on the air at local radio and television stations.
Building rentals – In general, schools and their initiatives fall under the responsibility of the school principal and the governing board as created by their deed of establishment. The board recognizes the rights and responsibilities, of the governing board as outlined in the Act. In those matters related to the use of the premises or immovable placed at the disposal of the school are subject to Policy B-6 (see Policies and Official Documents).
- Pascal Proulx, Director of Buildings, Technology & Transportation (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Manon Dusablon, Assistant Director of Buildings and Transportation
- Soufiane El Ouezzani, Coordinator of Buildings (email@example.com)
- Luc Carrière, Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Soumia Aissaoui, Project Manager (email@example.com)
- Chris Mick, Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tammy Gauthier, Administrative Technician
- Judy Cadieux-Fortin, Administrative Technician – Transport (email@example.com)
- Amélie Gascon, Office Agent (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Georgia Boulingui, Office Agent (email@example.com)
- Stéphane Sigouin, Certified Maintenance
- Len Beaudoin, Certified Maintenance
- Michel Larocque, Certified Maintenance
- Yves Houle, Certified Maintenance
- Bruce Courchaine, Certified Maintenance
- Jesse Godin Adams, Certified Maintenance
- Frank Frost, Certified Maintenance
The Western Québec School Board is committed to ensuring that all students achieve success. The Western Québec model of service delivery emphasizes inclusion. Students with special needs, as well as staff working with them, are supported by the Complementary Services Department.
- Lisa Falasconi, Director of Complementary Services (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wendy Routliffe, Administrative Technician (email@example.com / 819 684-1313 ext. 560006)
- Madeleine Beauchamp, Office Agent
- Lynn Webster, Special Needs Consultant
- Cindy Smith, Special Needs Consultant
- Andrea Mailloux, Special Needs Consultant
- Stephen Greig, Special Needs Consultant
- Karen Gobeil, Psychologist
- Janet Sauvé, Special Education Technician
- Michelle Elstone, Special Education Technician
- Joanne Jolliffe, Special Needs Consultant
- Erica Tomkinson, Social Work Technician (Drug Awareness Resource Team & Sexuality Education)
- Kelly Connolly, Social Work Technician (Drug Awareness Resource Team & Sexuality Education)
- Josette Kodsi, Social Worker
- Leah MacQuarrie, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Dana Johannsen, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Carole Bélanger, Speech & Language Pathologist
- Lori Watson, Speech & Hearing Correction Officer
- Alyssa Falle, Speech & Hearing Correction Officer
- Kelly Blanchfield, Readaptation Officer
- Steven Tremblay, Social Services Officer (Early Intervention)
- Andrea Shattler, Social Services Officer (Transition Agent)
The Western Québec School Board creates and nurtures lifelong learners. It strives to offer the best possible education in a safe and supportive environment. As our mission statement indicates, “We are committed to academic excellence, quality education and social, emotional and moral development.” Every decision made at the board level permeates into our schools and we truly focus on the students and their individual learning abilities.
- Ruth Ahern, ADG and Director of Adult Education and Vocational Training (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Terry Kharyati, Director of Secondary Education (email@example.com)
- Stewart Aitken, Director of Elementary Education (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chantel Hutter, Administrative Support – Elementary (email@example.com / 819 684-2336 ext. 550006)
- Chantal Champagne, Administrative Support – Secondary and Adult Learning (firstname.lastname@example.org / 819 684-2336 ext. 600006)
- Lyn Fitzsimmons, Administrative Support, Adult Learning – Academics (email@example.com / 819 684-2336 ext. 600007)
- Andrée Fortin, Education Consultant – Adult Education & Vocational Training
- Hélène Leboeuf, Education Consultant – Adult Education & Vocational Training
- Lee Randall, Librarian
- Larissa Sansom, Education Consultant – English Language Arts
- Anne Valcov, Education Consultant
- Virginia Lavigne, Education Consultant – French Second Language
- Jeff Harvey, Education Consultant – Math & Teacher Induction Program
- Louise Ricard, Education Consultant – French
- Sylvie Pouliotte, Education Consultant – French & Teacher Induction Program
Staff deal with all financial matters pertaining to the Board, schools, centres, and daycares. It also oversees all matters dealing with school taxes.
The department distributes the allocated funds from the ministère and taxation in a fair and transparent manner based on the socio-economic ranking of the schools.
School Taxes – We prepared a page with the answers to your questions on School Taxes. Thank you for taking a look at it before contacting our tax team.
Financial Statements – By law, the school board shall appoint an external auditor to carry out the verification and reporting mandate issued by the MEES on the financial transactions of the school board. The results of these verifications are presented as Financial Statements.
Budget – The Québec government must include in its financial reporting the results of all Québec educational and health institutions. Therefore, all boards must report their finances according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The recording of liabilities accumulated on staff vacation and sick day benefits, as well as the depreciation of school board buildings and other capital assets has created change to the financial reports following the accounting reform of June 2008 within the education sector. To date the school board has adopted balanced budgets within the regulation of the MEES, between the money received and the money spent, continuing to deliver quality education and services to our students and communities.
- Martine Lupien, Director of Finance (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nathalie Dagenais, Coordinator of Finance (email@example.com)
- Nicole Leclerc, Admin Tech – Tax Team
- Lucie Dionne, Office Agent – Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Cristian Circu, Data Processing Analyst
- Julie Lafontaine, Office Agent – Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Chantal Godin, Office Agent – Tax Team
- Helen Carrière, Receptionist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Angel Ethier, Office Agent – Tax Team
- Chase Howard, Office Agent – Tax Team
- Linda Cox, Admin Tech
- Marie-Josée Morel, Office Agent – Tax Team
The primary role of the Human Resources Department is to hire, promote and develop qualified and professional staff to ensure that students achieve their full potential. HR also offers direction and guidance to management personnel for issues involving staffing and labour relations. In addition, it provides all employees with services and advice related to career aspirations, compensation and benefits.
Western Québec employee? Take a look at the Resources for staff page.
- Terry Kharyati, Director of HR (email@example.com)
- Krystal Boutin, Coordinator of HR
- Suzan Hunter, Superintendant of Payroll
- Matthew Queale, Superintendent of Payroll
- Sylvie Monette, Administrative Technician
- Lorraine Mallette, Administrative Technician
- Mackenzie Kelly, Office Agent
- Natalie Marcotte, Office Agent
- Kimberley Robertson, Administrative Technician
- Soraya Meziani, Administrative Technician
The mandate of the Information Technology Department is to give support in all activities of the School Board when technology is involved. These responsibilities are split into two main domains:
Administrative systems – These represent a wide area of activities: human resources and payroll, finance, purchasing, student transportation, taxation, etc. It is comprised of the following responsibilities:
- oversight of all corporate and school servers;
- management of the Western Québec Telecommunication Network and Fibre Network;
- maintenance of all computer hardware and software.
- school board corporate systems;
- school decentralized systems: student registration, student evaluation, scheduling student fees management, library management systems, daycare activities, etc.;
- training activities.
- Pascal Proulx, Director of Buildings, Technology & Archives (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Carrie-Anne Collins, Manager of Technology
- Gina-Lynn McKinnon, Data Processing Principal Class
- Paul Camus, Analyst IT & Architecture
- Lisa Diner, RECIT & Technology
- Joyce Skrovonek, Administrative Support
- Mathieu Prud’homme, Data Processing Analyst
- Riley Rooney, Data Processing Technician
- Mathurin Nyiade, Data Processing Operator
- Stuart Gray, Education Technology Consultant
Corporate Services include the Secrétariat Général, archives and communications services.
- George Singfield, Secretary General & Director of Corporate Services (email@example.com / 819 684-2336 ext. 505001)
- Lee-Ann Beaulé, Superintendant of School Organization (firstname.lastname@example.org / 819 684-2336 ext. 540009)
- François Raymond, Communications Consultant (email@example.com / 819-684-2336 ext. 500021)
- Sabrina Crawford, Admin Technician – Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org / 819 684-2336 ext. 540008)
- Kim Wilson, Admin Technician – School Organization (email@example.com / 819-684-2336 ext. 540010)
- Tracy Olsen, Documentation Technician