The 2018 finale of Western Québec’s concours d’art oratoire – volet primaire was held this Wednesday 21 March 2018 at South Hull Elementary, with great success. This major event promotes la langue de Molière amongst Western Québecers. Grade 5 students from 9 of our elementary schools came together to present a subject of their choosing.
The winners were chosen by a jury made up of madame Nathalie Dagenais, madame Rachel Vincent, and monsieur Pascal Proulx.
The winners of the French Second Language category are:
- Ashiah Searle of Chelsea Elementary, first place ;
- Hussam Al-Rababa’a of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Elementary, second place ;
- Sofia St-Laurent of Greater Gatineau Elementary, third place.
The winners of the French Immersion category are:
- Savannah Georgariou of South Hull Elementary, first place ;
- Ethan Cullen of South Hull Elementary, second place ;
- Adrian Poirier of Eardley, third place.
We would like to congratulate all the participants, as well as Principal Sévigny and the teachers of South Hull. We would also like to express or gratitude to the French Immersion and FSL teachers for doing incredible work in teaching and coaching their students.