The Western Québec School Board is proud to provide English language instruction as well as French Immersion programs.
- To register for Pre-Kindergarten (K4) for school year 2023-2024, a child must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2023. See which of our schools offer K4 in the Registration Contacts section below.
- To register for Kindergarten (K5) for school year 2023-2024, a child must be 5 years of age by September 30, 2023.
- To register for Grade 1 for school year 2023-2024, a child must be 6 years of age by September 30, 2023.
On this page:
- First Steps
- School Registration Contacts
- Registration of International Students
- Cross-Boundary Requests
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact Information
- Eligibility to English Education
- Complementary Educational Services
- WQSB Transitions – Kindergarten Information Website
- Verify that the child is eligible to English education in Québec;
- Use our School Locator to determine the child’s boundary school. To apply for a transfer to another WQ school, see Cross-Boundary Requests;
- Obtain a copy of all necessary documents:
- Child’s original long-form birth certificate bearing parents’ names;
- Canadian Citizenship of the parent who will render the child eligible;
- Québec driver’s license of the parent/guardian responsible for the child or Lease/House Deed and a utility bill;
- In the meantime, parents can contact the Admissions team or their boundary school for any and all other questions.
School Registration Contacts
To register, contact your child’s boundary school by telephone or e-mail using the directory below. Kindergarten (K5) registrations for the 2023-2024 school year will be starting the week of February 6, 2023. The Pre-kindergarten (K4) registrations for the 2023-2024 school year will be held from April 17 to 21, 2023. After these dates, registrations will be ongoing by appointment only.
- Dates and Details for the Registration of New Students for 2023-2024 (PDF Document)
- Directory of School Registration Contacts (PDF Document)
Registration of International Students
For information on registration of an international student to an Elementary or Secondary school, contact the School Organization Department directly.
Parents are asked to register their child in their boundary school. Cross-Boundary Requests allow parents to request to send their child to another school located outside of the boundaries of a given school (in other words, the territory served by a school). This transfer request is made to the Department of School Organization, which will review it individually before submitting a recommendation to the General Directorate.
- Review the Cross-Boundary Policy
- Fill out the appropriate Cross-Boundary Application form below and return to the School Organization Department by fax at 819 684-9061 or email at email@example.com:
- Parent or guardian will be required to complete a Temporary Authorization Request form if the family moves onto the territory of a different school during the school year, in order to allow the child to remain in the same school for the remainder of the school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my child eligible to attend? See Eligibility to English Education.
- What if my child has special needs? See Early Admission or Complementary Educational Services.
- What if my child has allergies? Read policies C-26 & C-31.
- Which vaccines should my child have had before starting school? Read Vaccination letter.
- Can my child take the bus? Read Policy G-1.
- What about daycare? Is it available both before & after school? What are the costs? See Daycare.
- How can I prepare my child for kindergarten? See WQSB Transitions website.
- Any chance I could volunteer at the school? Parents are encouraged and welcome to volunteer in our schools, so long as they do not have a criminal record. Contact the school for more details.
Contact the School Organization Department
|Sabrina Crawford, Admissions
Call 819-684-2336 #540008 or send an email using the form on the Contact page and selecting Admissions & School Organization.
|Do you prefer to speak with the person in charge of registrations at a specific school? A directory can be found higher on this page. Find the Show All Registration Contacts option.|
|School Organization Department
Western Québec School Board
15 Katimavik, Gatineau (QC) J9J 0E9