School closures and transport cancellations
In the event of bus cancellations as a result of inclement weather, information will be available to you promptly (usually by 6:40 AM) in different manners, including the following:
- through push notifications on our mobile app (coming soon);
- anywhere on this website, as a large red banner;
- on our official Facebook page;
- on our Inclement Weather Twitter feed;
- on the air on local radio and television stations.
Situation still unclear? We do not usually send out notices when nothing is closed or cancelled. No red banner, no problem. No tweet, no problem. No Facebook post, no problem.
Contact the school directly should you prefer to validate your child’s absence for weather-related reasons on a day when classes are being held.
Note: Even when bus transportation is cancelled, our buildings remain open and staffed. Classes won’t be held as usual, however. If it is safe to do so, parents can choose to drop their children at our schools before going to work and pick them up at the end of the school day.