In the event of bus cancellations or school closures as a result of inclement weather, information will be available to you promptly (usually by 6:40 AM) in different manners, including the following:
- through push notifications on our WesternQC mobile app;
- anywhere on this website, as a large red banner;
- on Twitter.
Situation still unclear? We do not usually send out notices when nothing is closed or cancelled.
- Even when bus transportation is cancelled, our buildings usually remain open and staffed. If it is safe to do so, parents can choose to drop their children at our schools and pick them up at the end of the school day. In doing that, our students have somewhere to go when their parents or guardians cannot take the day off.
- When transportation is not cancelled, our buses only travel down roads where they can do so safely. If a bus does not pick children up in the morning as a result of unsafe road conditions, and their parents choose to drop them off at school nonetheless, it is expected that they will also be responsible for picking them up after school as it is likely that the bus will not be able to travel safely down the same roads in the PM.
- Contact the school directly should you prefer to validate your child’s absence for weather-related reasons on a day classes are held.
Download our mobile app to get busing information sent directly to your smartphone.
Our transportation policy is reviewed periodically by our transportation committee. Read it here.
Concerns & Recommendations
Should you want to share your concerns or recommendations with us, please email us at email@example.com.
Please note that our inclement weather social media posts are deleted at the end of the school day, meaning that the comments shared under it are also deleted in the process. We value your input, and kindly ask that you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org instead.