As students of Western Québec schools, you are our top priority. Everything we do revolves around your education and wellbeing.
Western Québec is proud to provide quality English language education. We believe that our programs will make you capable of succeeding in all corners of this country. We provide a supportive, open and safe learning environment, which helps you reach your full potential. We also offer academic and emotional support.
This page provides resources to help guide you towards the support you need.
On this page:
- School Board Resources
- Technology Support
- Homework Support
- Emotional & Social Support
- Drugs & Alcohol Awareness
- Virtual Library
- Student Ombudsman
- Resources and Support for Parents
- Complaints Procedure and Student Ombudsman
- School Websites – Believe it or not, you might find a lot more than you think onto your school’s website. From school policies to schedules or even homework information. Select your school under the School Websites dropdown menu in the upper left corner of this website (upper right on mobile devices, below the main menu).
- Virtual Library – The Western Québec Virtual Library is a compendium of online resources that support the Québec Education Program. It is full of bilingual, multi-media tools; including books, research databases and encyclopaedias, news and more. Access the Virtual Library anytime anywhere by typing and tapping westernquebec.ca/library.
Listen, we get it: Microsoft Teams isn’t exactly as intuitive as the Tiktok app. What that in mind, we’ve prepared our own tutorials and resources to help you master the tech world.
- LEARN Online Tutoring – Experienced teachers are available online Monday through Thursday evenings to help students of Québec English Schools – just like you – with studying and homework. With an Internet access, you can benefit from this free service. You will need a password that is usually provided by your teacher. Check out LEARN Québec.
- Alloprof – Call, email or text a teacher, en français, with your question with this free service made available to all Québécois students. French only. Check out Alloprof.
- Western Québec Virtual Library – As Western Québec students, you have access to millions of sources on tons of platforms through our virtual library. Take a look at the Virtual Library.
Emotional and Social Support
- Kids Help Phone – You can always call a Kids Help Phone counsellor at 1 800 668-6868. You can also have a chat by downloading the Always There app on your mobile phone: Android or iPhone.
- Tel-Jeunes – Professional, confidential, free, and available 24/7. Call 1 800 263-2266 or text 514 600-1002 anytime, anywhere.
- Hope for Wellness – Immediate mental health counselling and crisis intervention to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. Phone and chat counselling is available in English and French. Upon request, phone services are also available in Cree, Ojibway, and Inuktitut. Call 1-855-242-3310 or visit their website for a live chat with a counsellor.
Drugs and Alcohol
Our school board has two DART (Drug Awareness Resource Team) technicians who support schools year round. You might know them as the drug ladies. They provide drug awareness, prevention and intervention in our elementary and secondary schools. They may support referrals and liaise with outside services to help link students and parents with the appropriate programs available.
Information/Awareness and Tips
- Canada’s opioid crisis
- Do you Speak Cannabis?
- Parent Action on Drugs
- Cannabis Talk Kit
- Drug Free Kids Canada
- Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction
- Surprising facts on Marijuana
- Drugs over Dinner
- Centres de réadaptation en dépendance de l’Outaouais (French only)
- Walgman Centre
- Portage Québec – Drug Addiction and Employment Reintegration Programs
- Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin: What you should know about vaping and e-cigarettes | TED Talk
- Government of Canada – About Vaping
- The Link Ottawa – Vaping