|We are currently accepting applications. See Current Opportunities ↓|
Western Québec is a progressive, creative and forward-looking educational organization. Its nearly 1300 dedicated and hard-working staff members are committed to providing quality education and top notch services to almost 9000 students across a territory of 90 000 square kilometres. That’s twice the size of Nova Scotia!
- Teachers: Have a look at our People Make Western Québec digital brochure >
- Why choose us? Let our staff tell you why they’ve chosen our board >
All our current employment opportunities are listed on the Simplication platform, also known as ApplyToEducation. Applications are managed through the same platform. If you already have an ApplyToEducation account, you can use it. If not, it should not take you more than a couple of minutes to create one.
Select one of the employment categories below to start a search:
The Western Québec School Board offers career paths in a variety of areas:
- Teaching Positions: Teachers, Supply Teachers, Resource Teachers and Teaching Assistants
- Administrative Support Positions: Administrative and Secretarial Support *see Support Staff Classification Plan
- Support Positions: Special Education Technicians, Attendants to the Handicapped, Daycare Educators, Student Supervisors, Social Work Technicians, Custodians… *see Support Staff Classification Plan
- Professional Positions: Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists, Educational Consultants… *see Classification Plan for Professionals
- Management Positions: Principals, Directors, Service Coordinators/Managers… *see Descriptions of Management Positions
Our Equity Statement
The Western Québec School Board is committed to building an educational community with the common purpose to realize the potential of all our students by cultivating a strong corps of support, professional, teaching and administrative excellence. We therefore encourage applications from Indigenous people, as well as from other racialized people groups, persons living with a disability, people of religious faith, and gender minorities.
As an organization, we strive to hire individuals who reflect the communities we serve, and who embody and practice a love of life-long learning, teamwork, and the highest professional ethics. Our efforts to achieve a diverse workforce that contributes to a culturally safe working environment include establishing proactive employment practices to address systemic barriers and removing obstacles to hiring and retaining qualified people.
Security Background Check – Since our employees work directly with children and teenagers, all applicants need to provide a recent Security Background Check before their hiring. There are limits to the assistance our school board can provide to this regard. Contact your local police service for more information.