Dear Parents & Guardians,
As you are likely aware, Premier Legault held a press conference yesterday, during which he announced a series of new measures related to Covid-19. Please visit the Québec website to access the full breakdown of the new measures (please note that paragraph 9 under the Secondary Education tab should read: ‘students in secondary 3, 4, and 5’, and not ‘grades 3, 4, and 5).
The following measures are in effect for our schools and centres:
Preschool and Elementary Schools
- Preschool and elementary school students will resume classes on January 11th, according to the school calendar
- Preschoolers do not have to wear face coverings
- Students in grades 1-4 must wear face coverings at all times in the following areas: on school buses, in common areas, in the corridors,
and on school grounds
- Students in grades 5 and 6 must wear face coverings at all times: on the school buses, in common areas, in the corridors,
on school groundsand in the classroom
Updated Friday January 8: Please take note of the following change to the measures, as announced by Minister of Education Jean-François Roberge:
Students in elementary schools are not required to wear face coverings while outside on school grounds.
- Secondary school students will stay home, and distance learning services will be offered according to the normal schedule up to and including January 15, 2021, according to the school calendar
- Students will resume classes on-site as of Monday, January 18th
- All students must wear procedure masks at all times in the school and on school grounds, as well as on school buses
- The school will provide each student with two procedure masks per day
- As of January 18th, students in secondary 3, 4, and 5 (grades 9, 10, and 11) will attend in-school classes on a one-day-in/one-day-out rotation; that is to say that students will attend school one day and receive distance learning the following day. Individual schools will provide the details regarding school schedules
- The rotating schedule does not apply to students in the Work-Oriented Training Pathway Pre-Work and Semi-Specialized), Lifeskills Centres, and specialized classes
Adult and Vocational Education Centres
- Students in Adult and Vocational Education will resume classes on Monday, January 18th
- Students must wear procedure masks in the centre and on centre grounds at all times
Secretary General and Director of Corporate Services and Communication
For more information regarding COVID and our sanitary protocols, visit westernquebec.ca/coronavirus, where you will find this very letter, and a wealth of other resources.