Dear parents, guardians, and students,
The Western Québec School Board closely monitors student absences due to illness. During the last few weeks, the level of absenteeism has been elevated due to students experiencing symptoms such as fever, coughing, sore throat, loss of the sense of taste or smell, runny nose, and nasal congestion. Parents and guardians have been adhering to public health advice as outlined in the COVID-19 instructions for parents of students document by keeping their children at home when exhibiting flu like symptoms.
As we deal with the lasting effects of COVID‐19, as well as an active cold and flu season, we continue to be in regular contact with public health for support, advice, and guidance. The school board, schools and centres are reviewing and continue to implement infection prevention and control measure such as:
- The use of disinfectant products effective against gastroenteritis viruses to disinfect schools and centres
- The availability of hand hygiene stations for students and school staff
- The reinforcement of respiratory hygiene: coughing into the elbow, use of tissues, etc.
- The reinforcement of enhanced hand hygiene before recess, meals, before group activities, etc.
- The promotion of mask wearing for students returning from illness if lingering symptoms occur
Please rest assured that the safety and security of our students and staff is our priority.
Thank you for your ongoing support.