|THIS PAGE IS ARCHIVED
It does not reflect the directives and measures in place for the 2021-2022 school year
Parents, Guardians & Students,
At a press conference today Wednesday March 31, Premier François Legault made the following announcements:
The city of Gatineau and the MRC des Collines will have exceptional measures imposed as of 8:00 pm on Thursday, April 1. These measures include:
- The following schools and centres will be closed from Tuesday, April 6 through to April 9, inclusive:
- Buckingham Elementary School
- Chelsea Elementary School
- D’Arcy McGee High School
- Eardley Elementary School
- Greater Gatineau Elementary School
- Hadley Junior High School
- Hull Adult Education Centre
- Lord Aylmer Elementary School
- Onslow Elementary School
- Philemon Wright High School
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau Elementary School
- Poltimore Elementary School
- South Hull Elementary School
- St. Mike’s High School
- Symmes Junior High School
- Wakefield Elementary School
- Western Quebec Career Centre
- Secondary students at the above-listed schools will maintain their schedules through distance education.
- Elementary students at the above-listed schools will have learning activities and schedules determined by individual schools.
- Students at the Western Quebec Career Centre and the Hull Adult Education Centre will maintain their schedules through distance education.
The Outaouais region has been coded ‘Red’; as such, the following measures are in effect for schools outside of Gatineau and MRC des Collines:
- Beginning Tuesday, April 6, all elementary students from grades 1 to 6 must wear procedural masks while in classes, inside the school, and on school buses.
- Beginning Tuesday, April 6, all secondary students (secondary I to V) must wear procedural masks at all times while at school, and on school buses.
- Extracurricular activities must be carried out in class bubbles.
Please note there are no changes for the WQSB schools in Region 08 (Abitibi-Témiscamingue):
- G. Théberge School
- Noranda School
- Golden Valley School
Secretary General and Director of Corporate Services & Communication
For more information regarding COVID and our sanitary protocols, visit westernquebec.ca/coronavirus, where you will find this very letter, and a wealth of other resources.