Dear Parents and Guardians of students transported by Autobus Lasalle and Bigras Transport,
The purpose of this letter is to update you on the strike action by the employees (bus drivers) of Autobus Lasalle and Bigras Transport. As you know the bus drivers have been on strike since May 1. We have been in frequent contact with both transportation companies as well as with the chairman of their parent company SOGESCO to get updates on negotiations. We have expressed our deep frustration at the ongoing strike and lack of transportation services for over 2300 students in our school board. We also reminded the chairman of SOGESCO that the Western Québec School Board negotiated and concluded all of our transportation service contracts with our transportation companies in the fall and that we expect that these services be provided to our students without disruptions.
At this time, the latest information we have received from Autobus Lasalle, Bigras Transportation and parent company SOGESCO is that negotiations are ongoing with their drivers’ union, but unfortunately the two sides have still not yet reached an agreement and that the strike will continue.
Affected schools and bus routes
- Greater Gatineau : Buses #007-024-025-026-081-083-096-113-114-115-117-119-122-128-130
- McDowell : Buses #048-049-051-052-053-055-057-058-059-060-091-099
- Onslow : Buses #045-053-056-099
- Queen Elizabeth : Buses #033-035-067-082
- Wakefield : Buses #002-003-004-006-027-028-029-031-032-064-069-075
- Hadley Jr. /Philemon Wright : Buses #002-003-004-007-024-026-069-096-119-120-126-127-128-130
- Pontiac : Buses #048-049-050-051-052-053-055-057-058-059-060-061-091-099
- St. Michael’s : Buses #006-028-029-067-075-082
- Dr. Wilbert Keon : All bus transportation provided by Centre de services scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
- St. John’s : All bus transportation provided by Centre de services scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
We will continue to update you on the situation as new information becomes available.
We realize that this situation is causing undo stress to many students and families. Schools will remain open and extra security interventions by schools will continue to be put into place for drop off and pick‐up times. Please continue to plan alternative solutions for the transportation of your children to and from school.
Thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
Mike Dubeau, Director General and Director of School Organization and Transportation