|The position of President of our school board’s Council of Commissioners is open for nominations, in preparation for a school board election on February 20, 2022. The returning officer is accepting nomination papers until January 16, 2022.|
Public notice is hereby given to the electors of the Western Québec school board by the returning officer, that:
- The following position is open for nominations: Position of President of Council
- Nomination papers for this position must be filed at the office of the returning officer on the following days
and times. Due to Covid-19 safety measures in place, nomination papers will be received at the following locations by appointment only:
Show hours and locationsTuesday January 11 to Saturday January 15, from 8:30 to noon and 1:00 to 4:30, and Sunday January 16 from 1:00 to 5:00.
- G. Théberge School (38 Boucher St, Box 610, Témiscaming, QC J0Z 3R0) – 819-627-1212
- Noranda School (10 Québec Blvd, Rouyn-Noranda, QC J9X 1G2) – 819-762-2706
- Golden Valley School (980, 7th Street, Val D’Or, QC J9P 3P8) – 819-825-3211
- St-John’s Elementary School (10 Leslie Street, Campbell’s Bay, QC J0X 1K0) – 819-648-2149
- Queen Elizabeth School (9 Begley Road, Box 240, Kazabazua, QC J0X 1X0) – 819-467-2865
- Namur School (333 du Parc Street, Namur, QC J0V 1N0) – 819-426-2996
- Buckingham School (615, George Street, Gatineau, QC J8L 2E1) – 819 986-3191
- Dr. S.E. McDowell School (89, Centre Street, Shawville, QC J0X 2Y0) – 819 647-3800
- Maniwaki Woodland School (247 des Oblats Street, Maniwaki, QC J9E 1G6) – 819 449-2597
- If two or more candidates are nominated for the same position,
- A poll will be held on February 20, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.,
- An advance poll will be held on February 13, 2022 from 9.30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- I have nominated Ms. Rachel Vincent to act as the election clerk.
- An elector who does not have a child admitted to the educational services of the English-language school board or the French school service centre serving his/her domicile may choose to exercise or revoke their right to vote at an English-language school board. This choice is made by sending a notice in writing to the returning officer of the English-language school board, from January 22 to February 1, at the latest 10 p.m.
- You can reach me or my assistant at the following coordinates:
Notice given at Gatineau, Québec, on January 5, 2022 by George Singfield, Returning Officer. Any reference to the ASEESSC refers to the provisions of the Act respecting school elections that were in force prior to the adoption of Bill 40. (ES-1-VB (21-08) ASEESSC*, S. 38.)