Public notice is hereby given that the Commissioner seat in electoral division 7 (Greater Gatineau Elementary School) of the Western Québec School Board is currently vacant.
In accordance with section 199 of the Act respecting school elections and section 3 of the Act to defer the next general school election and to allow the Government to provide for the use of a remote voting method, the Council of Commissioners of the Western Québec School Board is seeking candidates for the appointment to this vacant seat.
- Have attained 18 years of age;
- Be a Canadian citizen;
- Be domiciled anywhere in the territory of the Western Québec School Board for at least six months;
- Not be under curatorship;
- Not have been convicted within the last five years of an offence that is a corrupt electoral or referendum practice under the Act respecting school elections, the Referendum Act (chapter C‑64.1), the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities (chapter E-2.2) or the Elections Act (chapter E-3.3); and
- Be registered on the Western Québec School Board electoral list.
Candidates must not:
- Be employees of the Western Québec School Board;
- Be members of parliament, either federal or provincial;
- Be justices of any court of justice, the chief electoral officer and the other members of the Commission de la représentation;
- Be public servants, except employees within the meaning of the Labour Code (chapter C‐27), of the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur (MEES) or of any other department who are assigned to the MEES on a permanent basis;
- Be sentenced to imprisonment (disqualification applies for the term of sentence but ceases if the person obtains a pardon for the offence committed).
- Experience in education, and/or as a commissioner;
- Understanding of the current matters and endeavours of the Western Québec School Board;
- Knowledge of the Western Québec School Board’s Commitment to Success plan.
Interested people must submit a 100-word letter of presentation by noon on February 11, 2019 to be considered by the Council of Commissioners for the vacant seat.
Mike Dubeau, Director General
Western Québec School Board
15 Katimavik, Gatineau, QC J9J 0E9