Dear Parents and Guardians of students transported by Autobus Lasalle and Bigras Transport,
The purpose of this letter is to update you on the strike action by the employees (bus drivers) of Autobus Lasalle and Bigras Transport. As you know the bus drivers have been on strike since May 1. During the past week we have attended a meeting with representatives of the Ministry of Education, as well as several telephone meetings with representatives from both striking transportation companies to get updates on negotiations. We continue to express our deep frustration at the ongoing strike and lack of transportation services for over 2300 students in our school board. We informed the two striking transportation companies that we will enforce clauses in our signed service contracts that allow us to impose financial penalties for transportation services not rendered to our students.
We have taken every opportunity to remind all parties that reliable, safe and timely transportation services is an important factor in the success of our students. Despite our interventions, and to our disappointment, there seems to be very limited progress, if any, at the negotiations table. Unfortunately, with the latest information we have, it seems very unlikely that the transportation companies will come to an agreement with their drivers in the near future.
Affected schools and bus routes
- Greater Gatineau : Buses #007-024-025-026-081-083-096-113-114-115-117-119-122-128-130
- McDowell : Buses #048-049-051-052-053-055-057-058-059-060-091-099
- Onslow : Buses #045-053-056-099
- Queen Elizabeth : Buses #033-035-067-082
- Wakefield : Buses #002-003-004-006-027-028-029-031-032-064-069-075
- Hadley Jr. /Philemon Wright : Buses #002-003-004-007-024-026-069-096-119-120-126-127-128-130
- Pontiac : Buses #048-049-050-051-052-053-055-057-058-059-060-061-091-099
- St. Michael’s : Buses #006-028-029-067-075-082
- Dr. Wilbert Keon : All bus transportation provided by Centre de services scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
- St. John’s : All bus transportation provided by Centre de services scolaire des Hauts-Bois-de-l’Outaouais
We will continue to update you on the situation as new information becomes available.
We realize that this situation is causing undo stress to many students and families. Schools will remain open and extra security interventions by schools will continue to be put into place for drop off and pick‐up times. Please continue to plan alternative solutions for the transportation of your children to and from school.
Thank you for your understanding and collaboration.
Mike Dubeau, Director General and Director of School Organization and Transportation