|THIS PAGE IS ARCHIVED
It does not reflect the directives and measures in place for the 2021-2022 school year
Dear students, parents/guardians and staff,
Today the Quebec Minister of Education held a press conference to announce new restrictions of sanitary measures for schools located in “Red” zones as illustrated in the government’s MAP of COVID‐19 alert levels by region.
It is important to note that all of the Western Quebec School Board schools and centres are located in the Outaouais and Abitibi Temiscamingue regions that are presently in the “Orange” and “Yellow” levels respectively. Therefore, the news restrictions do not apply to our schools and centres.
The new measures for students in “Red” zones includes the following:
As of Thursday, October 8th, through to October 28
- All high schools students will be obligated to wear a face covering at all times including in classroom and on school property
- For Secondary IV and V students hybrid learning model will be implemented whereby students will be attending school one out of every two days
- All intramural sports, competitions between schools and school outings will be prohibited
- Students will remain in one class bubble at all times
- Schools are encouraged to organize lunches to be taken in classrooms
Although we are in the “Orange” and “Yellow” alert zones, we have decided for safety reasons to maintain the adherence to the one classroom bubble concept, to prohibit intramural sports and to encourage schools to organize lunch periods in classrooms.
We are continuing to work with our partners in public health, as well as the ministry of education to mitigate the spread of the virus in our schools and centres.
- Outaouais Public Health – Questions and Answers for Parents of Elementary and Secondary Students in the Outaouais
On this, World Teacher’s Day, we would like to thank our teachers along with all of our dedicated staff for the tireless work they are doing in our schools and centres for the benefit of our students.