Dear Parents & Guardians,
Linked below is a publication from the Ministry of Education entitled COVID-19 screening by rapid tests at school in the event symptoms appear during the day. Please take time to read this important information, as it pertains to our schools:
|COVID-19 screening by rapid tests at school in the event symptoms appear during the day (PDF, Ministry of Education)|
In reviewing the information on the publication it is important to remember the following:
- Parents are asked to please keep their children home from school in the event they are showing symptoms of COVID-19
- Although the rapid tests referred to in the attached document are screening tests, they are not COVID-19 tests
- The rapid testing referred to in the attached document is voluntary; no student will be forced to take the test
- In the event a student shows symptoms of COVID-19 at school, a parent will be advised and asked to come to school to pick up their child
- A student whose rapid test result is positive must be tested for COVID-19, and remain home until the COVID-19 result is received.
- A student whose rapid test result is negative may return to school when the symptoms are resolved
Thank you for your prompt attention and cooperation with this matter.
Secretary General and Director of Corporate Services and Communications
- COVID-19 screening by rapid tests at school in the event symptoms appear during the day (PDF, Ministry of Education)
- Dépistage de la COVID-19 par tests rapides à l’école advenant l’apparition de symptômes durant la journée (PDF, Ministère de l’Éducation)
- WQSB Symptom and Health Protocol – Parent Information (PDF, Western Québec School Board)
- Sanitary Measures & Protocols for 2021-2022