As we live through this third school year marked by the global COVID-19 pandemic, it is important that you are aware of the directives and measures that the provincial government has put into place. Find a summary of these measures below:
- School and Centre Openings: All schools (primary, elementary, secondary, adult education, and vocational training) are open for in-school learning, with the expectation of 100% of students attending schools and centres on a full-time basis.
- Wearing of Masks:
- – Students in kindergarten are not required to wear masks, except on school buses
- – Students in elementary schools are required to wear a procedural mask at all times inside the school: in classrooms, at daycare, in all common areas, while circulating, and while using school transportation
- – Students in secondary schools are required to wear a procedural mask at all times inside the school: in classrooms, in all common areas, while circulating, and while using school transportation
- – Students in adult education and vocational training centres are required to wear a procedural mask at all times inside the centre: in classrooms, in all common areas, and while circulating
- Rapid Tests Kits:
- – Rapid tests are used (with parental consent) in elementary schools when students are symptomatic. Rapid tests kits are also distributed to families of students in elementary schools
- – The parents/guardians of a student who receives a positive test result on a rapid test administered at school will be advised by the school administration; Santé publique will provide them with guidelines to follow
- Physical Distancing: There are no physical distancing guidelines for students.
- Hygiene and Disinfection Measures: The following health measures will be maintained:
- – Cleaning and disinfection, particularly with regard to frequently touched surfaces
- – Hand hygiene routines for students and staff
- – Evaluation of students with symptoms to determine if isolation is necessary
- School Transportation: Students will be assigned seats. Procedural masks are required for all students.
- Medical Exemptions: Parents of students who are deemed medically vulnerable to Covid-19 (or reside with someone deemed medically vulnerable) may apply for an exemption to access virtual learning at the WQSB Online Academy. Please note that application forms must be submitted (along with a letter fro a medical doctor) to the attention of Mr. Pat Hall, WQOA Principal at email@example.com. Application forms may be downloaded from the WQOA website: onlineacademy.westernquebec.ca.
- Extracurricular Activities: All extracurricular activities are suspended until further notice.
- Isolation Guidelines: At the onset of COVID-19 symptoms, individuals must immediately isolate. Elementary and secondary students who must isolate and whose absence from school extends beyond two days due to isolation will receive support for their learning (daily check ins, work sent home, access to technology to complete work etc.).
- Contingency Plans: All schools and centres will develop contingency plans to ensure the continuation of services should there be staff shortages due to COVID-19 cases. While these plans prioritize keeping students in schools and centres, there may be changes to delivery and organization. When this is necessary schools and centres will communicate changes to parents.
|The measures listed above reflect the revisions announced on October 4, November 15, December 30 and January 14.
It is understood that we will receive revised measures as we move through the school year. Please rest assured that these will be communicated to you in a timely and efficient manner. Should you have any questions or concerns, you are kindly asked to forward them to: WQQuestions@wqsb.qc.ca.
Source: George Singfield, Secretary General & Director of Corporate Services and Communication