As you may be aware, Premier Legault held a press conference yesterday evening, at which time he announced a number of revised measures. Please take note of the following as they apply to our schools and centres:
- Students in Secondary III, IV, and V in schools located in ‘red zones’ (all WQSB secondary schools except G. Théberge School, Noranda School, and Golden Valley School) will return to alternating day schedules, beginning Monday, April 12
- Students in schools located in ‘red zones’ must maintain the wearing of procedural masks as previously indicated; namely:
- all elementary students from grades 1 to 6 must wear procedural masks while in classes, inside the school, and on school buses
- all secondary students (secondary I to V) must wear procedural masks at all times while at school, and on school buses
- Students (grade 1 through to secondary V) in schools located in ‘orange zones’ (G. Théberge School, Noranda School, and Golden Valley School) must wear procedural masks while in classes, inside the school, and on school buses, beginning April 12
- Students in Adult and Vocational Education Centres in ‘red zones’: distance learning will be prioritized where possible
- Extracurricular activities are not permitted for schools located in ‘red zones’, however, school outings are permitted in class bubbles
- Extracurricular activities and class outings for schools located in ‘orange zones’ are permitted in class bubbles
Please note that the emergency measures put in place for schools in Gatineau and MRC des Collines schools remain in effect through to April 9, as originally stated.
Secretary General and Director of Corporate Services & Communication
For more information regarding COVID and our sanitary protocols, visit westernquebec.ca/coronavirus, where you will find this very letter, and a wealth of other resources.