Elections of November 1, 2020 – Western Québec School Board
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to electors of the WQSB electoral division 08 that the list of electors will be subject to revision.
To be an elector and have the right to be entered on the list of electors of the WQSB, a person must, on polling day:
- have attained 18 years of age;
- be a Canadian citizen;
- be domiciled in the area administered by the School Board
- be domiciled in Quebec for at least 6 months
- not be under curatorship;
- not have been convicted within the past 5 years of any corrupt electoral or referendum practices;
- not have a child enrolled in educational services provided by a Francophone-Language School Service Centre
The electoral list may be consulted for the purpose of applications for registration, striking off, corrections, and written notices of choice or revocation of choice to exercise one’s right to vote in an Anglophone school board. These may be presented before persons who are designated for this purpose, before the board of revisers or before the returning officer.
|To tell if you reside in WQSB Electoral Division 08, see our School Board Elections page.|
When completing an application for entry, the previous address of the person concerned must be indicated. In addition, two documents must be presented: one indicating the name and date of birth, and the other, the name and address of domicile.
**Due to Covid-19 safety measures in place, the list of electors can be consulted, and the applications, including notices of option, will be received at the following location by appointment only:
Western Québec School Board
15 Katimavik, Gatineau (QC) J9J 0E9
- Wednesday October 7 to Friday 9, 2020, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Monday October 12, 2020, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday October 13, 2020, 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday October 13, 2020, from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Given at Gatineau, Québec, on September 30, 2020 by George Singfield, Returning Officer.