As our centres remain closed due to the restrictions in place during the COVID-19 pandemic we are now taking registrations by email. If you are interested in registering for either Adult General Education (pre-requisites for Cegep, university, or vocational training, high school diploma etc.) or one of the Vocational Training programs in our centres, please email the designated contact.
*New in 2020: Becoming an Orderly in a CHSLD
With the new Health Care Facility Patient Service Support Skills Training Certificate, the Québec government wants to make it easier for you to obtain a rewarding job where every action makes a difference. You will earn this certificate after receiving quality training at one of our vocational centres.
To register for this program, contact one of the centres directly. To learn more about this new program, visit the Quebec provincial website.
Two of our centres offer this new program:
|Western Québec Career Centre||Gatineau (Aylmer)||Heather Guinyouemail@example.com||819-684-1770|
|Pontiac Continuing Education Centre||Shawville||Michelle Forguesfirstname.lastname@example.org||819-647-5605 ext. 1|
To register or get more information on any of our other adult education or vocational training programs, contact one of the centres below:
- Hull Adult Education Centre (located in Gatineau, Hull sector) – Cynthia Belair, email@example.com
- Western Quebec Career Centre (located in Gatineau, Aylmer sector) – Heather Guinyou, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WQCC’s website
- Pontiac Continuing Education Centre (located in Shawville) – Michelle Forgues, email@example.com
- Maniwaki Adult Education and Vocational Training Centre – Jeanette Hamelin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Quebec Continuing Education Centre (located in Val d’Or) – Jessica Perrault, email@example.com
Teaching staff in our vocational training centres bring a wealth of expertise and experience from the field to their classrooms, labs and workshops which are invaluable and inspirational to our students. Graduates enter hospitals or care facilities, dealerships, government offices, or businesses as skilled, qualified and competent individuals, who are equipped with the expertise to further advance themselves in their career of choice.
* Please note that the Charter of French Language, or Law 101, does not apply to our Adult Education or Vocational Training programs. These programs are open to everyone, regardless of their parents’ mother tongue.
Western Québec offers vocational training in 4 of its establishments.
- Western Québec Career Centre
- Maniwaki Adult Education and Vocational Training Centre
- Pontiac Continuing Education Centre
- Val D’Or Continuing Education & Community Learning Centre
Canadian students – Canadian students may enroll at the centre in which the program you would like to take is offered. As this may change every year, depending on availability, please contact one of our centres for more information.
International students – Western Québec invites international career seekers to experience Canada’s National Capital region and learn at the Western Québec Career Centre, located in Gatineau, just across the river from Ottawa, or at the Pontiac Continuing Education Centre, in a beautiful rural town just 45 minutes from Gatineau. Explore our programs on this page and contact Cindy Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org), our International Student Representative, to get answers to any and all your questions.