Western Québec’s 4 Adult Education Centres offer courses that allow students to complete their High School education, acquire academic upgrades, and complete required prerequisites for vocational training and other post-secondary options. All of our centres focus on student success and preparedness.
- Hull Adult Education Centre
- Maniwaki Adult Education and Vocational Training Centre
- Pontiac Continuing Education Centre
- Val-d’Or Continuing Education & Community Learning Centre
You may enroll at the centre in which the course or program you would like to take is offered. As this may change every year, depending on availability, please contact one of our centres for more information.
* Please note that the Charter of French Language, or Law 101, does not apply to our Adult Education or Vocational Training programs. These programs are open to everyone, regardless of their parents’ mother tongue.
Distance Education Services
Distant education is available for students looking into academic programs such as High School Diploma credits and Academic Upgrading. Hard copies of books and other materials would be sent to the student’s home. These courses are NOT available online (tutoring help is available online). A consortium of four school boards provides Distance Education Services:
- Eastern Townships School Board
- New Frontiers School Board
- Riverside School Board
- Western Québec School Board
Registration for Distance Education
Anyone who is 16 years of age or older, living in Québec, and has not obtained a DES (High School Leaving) from Québec or who needs required courses for CEGEP or vocational training (DVS), may enroll in Distance Education Courses. The maximum time allowed for completing a course is six months. Credits are granted in accordance with procedures established by the ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur.
Students may register 12 months a year by calling 1 877 463-3775.
Service fees are required for registration, placement tests in English, Math and French, and career counselling. Students are responsible for shipping charges.
Online Courses and Programs
Unlike Distance Learning, online courses and programs share information electronically. Western Québec offers the Accounting online program.